Thursday, January 7, 2016

Tease by Amanda Maciel

"Tease" is very simplistic in writing yet very powerful in understanding. I felt that this book had a very accurate portray of what happens after death by bullying. I have played many parts that were shown. I have been the loved one left behind, the bully, and even the suicidal victim. Maciel seemed to capture the change that you can go through after causing the death of a human being. At first the main character is angry with Emma (the victim) for ruining her life and getting off scott free, but after hitting her lowest point in what becomes her own depression, she realizes that yes, her life feels over right now, but Emma's life IS over.  Walking away from this novel I was reminded of my own experiences with bullying and the relevance it has to schools I've been to. It also reminded me, in the second to last chapter, that suicide is a waste. You think you're death might change things, might help people in the end, but it doesn't. Nothing changes and usually the people that torment you, don't care. "Tease" is phenomenal and I would suggest to anyone going through a dark time like Emma to read it all the way through. To remember what death really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment